Hoover Pet Owner Resources

Helpful Links for Our Clients

Oak View Animal Hospital provides these pet resources for information only. We are not affiliated with nor do we specifically recommend these organizations or websites. Always call us with questions.

Pelham Pet Boarding

During busy weekends and holidays, our boarding kennels are often full. We recommend you contact one of the following Pelham pet boarding establishments.

Local Resources

  • Valleydale Animal Clinic - Our sister clinic has a Certified Dog Trainer on staff. Their trainer can work with your dog on obedience issues in group classes or private lessons.
  • Riverchase in Pelham can work with your dog on behavior modification.
  • Pets at Peace - Oak View Animal Hospital's choice for pet cremation services.

Pelham Pet Adoptions

Oak View Animal Hospital wants to help find homes for pets searching for a family. We work with the City of Pelham to provide pet lost & found services and pet adoptions.

If you are interested in adopting a pet from Oak View Animal Hospital, please check our Facebook page or call our office at (205) 988-3559.

Also, check out the pets searching for homes in these organizations:

Shelby County Lost, Found, & Animal Control

  • City of Pelham Animal Control - Pelham Animal Control can be reached by calling the Pelham Street Department at (205) 620-6416 from 7:00 A.M.- 3:30 P.M. Emergency animal control calls after normal working hours should be made to Pelham Police Department at (205) 620-6550. Oak View Animal Hospital serves as a holding facility for Pelham Animal Control – all pets picked up by Pelham Animal Control are brought to us. Call us at 988-3559 if you believe your pet was picked up. We have policies for releasing pets to owners (or put up for adoption) including when and how, vaccine compliance, spay/neuter, and costs.
  • City of Hoover Animal Control - Hoover Animal Control can be reached at (205) 444-7760 or by animalcontrol@ci.hoover.al.us. An Animal Control Officer is on call 24/7 to handle emergency calls and their office hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
  • Alabama Wildlife Center - for wildlife emergencies near Pelham contact Alabama Wildlife Hotline at (205) 621-3333. Staffed from 8am to 9pm, 365 days a year, the hotline provides free advice and information to Alabamians on how to deal with wildlife problems and emergencies such as: how to reunite baby animals with their parents, what to do when an injured, sick or orphaned animal is found, how to handle nuisance situations humanely and how to provide temporary emergency care for a wild animal in need. When you call the hotline you leave a message with your name, number & description of the situation and a hotline staff member will usually be able to call back within 30 minutes.
  • Shelby Humane Society - Provides animal control services to Shelby County
  • Greater Birmingham Humane Society - Provides animal control services to Jefferson County